You're invited to the party at a haunted mansion! As a wild assortment of
creepy beasts and ghoulies argue over who is the scariest, a contest begins
to determine the winner. The bumbling monsters turn out to be not as horrific
as they thought, as evident by the interactive surprise ending that will
delight young readers.
- The humorous and imaginative detailed watercolors of Sal Murdocca
support the comic text in verse.
- Named a Children's Choice by the IRA/CBC
- "If your library needs some new books for Halloween,
this one is a fun addition."
School Library Journal
- "Written in delightful rhyme with humorous illustrations
that are perfect for a spooky Halloween tale."
Children's Book Review Service Inc.
- "The authors poetic style is very good.; most children will want
to reread this Halloween story several times building vocabulary
while loving reading. The illustrations are outstanding. The details,
colors and theme will enthrall young readers;
the surprise ending will delight them."
Monterey Peninsula Unified School District
- "The great details given to each ghastly ghoul makes
one page more interesting than another. The text-rhyming
story has a great surprise ending that made me howl!!!"
South Jersey Regional Library Cooperative
- "Absolutely delightful! Wonderful illustrations
and the kids will go crazy over the ending! This is a
Halloween book that falls into the read again category.
Gets a gold star from me!"
EECB School Library System - Highly recommended
Brian Heinz, 1 Sylvan Drive, Wading River, NY 11792 - Phone & Fax: (631) 929-8148 email: Brian@brianheinz.com
Border © 1996 Jon Van Zyle
Copyright © 2014 Jennifer Ball All Rights Reserved